Thursday, September 6, 2007

Finally...another post.

Sorry it has been so long since I posted. My internet access has been somewhat limited. The wireless was turned off, but Kevin has been kind enough to turn it on for me in the evenings. Yeah!!!

I still don’t have a job. I have turned in a couple more applications at some local stores. I am getting to the point where if I can find a job that will feed me and put gas in my car, I will be happy. I’m not starving yet, but I have lost 4.5 pounds and it isn’t from exercising. In fact, the other day I was ready to pack up my car and go back to Texas. I was lonely, discouraged, frustrated and bored. I know God has brought me here. I saw the way the doors just opened up for me to be here. In fact, this is the first time I have been absolutely sure I was in God’s will. I would just like to let in on the reason why.

I am also still on the hunt for a church home. I went to Celeste Road Church this past Sunday. It is an interdenominational church. I didn’t agree with the preacher on some of the points he made in his sermon. It also didn’t help that no one tried to talk to me besides the deacons. I guess they were deacons. I don’t really know if this church had deacons. It was interesting, but I think I am going to try Alex’s church this coming Sunday.

I have started volunteering at the camp. They are building a hotel and it is still in the stage where it is just sheetrock and needs to be mudded. The problem lies in the fact that it has been booked by a group that is going to be here in November. Since they have to rely on volunteer help to build it, the going has been slow. I have started helping them do some mudding. It is hot, sweaty work, but I get to hang out with the staff and see people during the day. I would much rather be sweaty and talk to people than sit in The Island watching movies by myself all day. That gets rather lonely. Believe me, I know.

I went to the river with Sunny and Kenneth on Labor Day. In Amarillo, when someone says they are going to the river, they are going 4-wheeling. Not the case in Alabama. They actually have water in their river bed! Sunny and Kenneth have a speed boat and so we went tubing. I had never been tubing before. Kenneth was impressed I was able to stay as long as I did. In fact when he was finally able to fling me off, I rolled across the water four times before I sank. It would have been cool if someone had been taping it. Sunny assures me it was fun to watch. I was a little put out with myself because I had taken my camera so I could take some pictures to share, but I left it in the Jeep at the boat ramp. It was so much fun. I hope I am able to go with them again sometime soon.

Well, that is it for this post. I will try to post more often so they are not this long. Thanks for taking the time to read it.

No comments: