Thursday, December 27, 2007

Snow is falling, friends are calling...

Well...Christmas is over. I had a really good Christmas. I received some great presents like a rice cooker and new clothes. Now, I am sitting in the den watching TV wishing it wasn't snowing. Yes, it is snowing...again.

I have decided there must be an evil weather gnome who hates me. It didn't get cold until the day I came home. It has snowed four, maybe five times since I have been home. He must know I despise cold weather and has made it his life goal to make me miserable.

Mom finally made me a brisket. It only took her a month. It was wonderfully delicious and I have eaten way too much of it. My cousin had enough foresight to bring guacamole and tortillas so we could have brisket burritos. I love brisket burritos. In fact, that was the only thing I ate for Christmas dinner. A big, fat brisket burrito with guacamole, cheese and sour cream. You may want to take a minute to wipe the drool off your chin.

Tomorrow is my last day at the portrait studio. I am excited but also nervous. Now I must seriously consider how I am going to get back to Alabama or what I am going to do if I can't. If anyone reading this lives in the Mobile area and knows of a cheap place to live, let me know. I am going to apply for jobs at the hospital in Mobile, but I am still hoping something will open up at the camp.

I would like to take this time to talk about the loss of a brother. One of my dear camp brothers passed away this past weekend. My heart aches for his family who had to have Christmas without him. I have no doubt I will see him again in Heaven, but he will be very missed until then. I wanted to be in Alabama for all the brothers and sisters who are dealing with this loss. A couple have called me, but it is just not the same as actually being there.

Please pray for the family who lost a loved one this weekend. Please pray for all the camp staff who are missing a brother. Please pray God will give me guidance as to whether or not I am meant to go back to Alabama. Please pray I will listen to Him and not try to do it my way. I think that is about all the news I have. I got a voice recorder for Christmas so now I am recording my thoughts as they come to me. That way I don't forget anything...maybe. Thanks for reading.

No comments: