Saturday, January 26, 2008

Relient K still rocks at 3am.

I know it has been a long time since I wrote anything. Mainly because there wasn't anything to say.

I am in Citronelle for the weekend. I had to fly into Birmingham and rent a car to get here, but I am here. I fly back Monday night. We had a staff retreat this weekend at the camp and it was a blast. I had so much fun reminiscing with my dearest friends. I love each and every one like they are my own brothers and sisters. They are the coolest teenagers on the planet Earth. Hillshire! Farm! Go Meat!

I have decided that I want to be here permanently. I am going to start looking for full time jobs that I can apply for on the Internet. I am going to start trying to make more contacts. I have been praying about this for a long time and I feel like I am banging my head against a wall. So I have decided to take action.

Part of it is because of an interesting conversation with a man I met at the bank the other day. His name is Wahoo. Kid you not, that is his name. He is a Native American preacher. Long story short, he prayed with me and encouraged me to really try to move back if that is what I want. It is.

Until I can get back here, I am subbing at the school my mom works at. Right now I am only helping out with covering the class of my mom's teaching partner, but I am hoping maybe I can help out the rest of the school year or until I get back to Alabama. Which ever comes first.

So for now, I am sitting in a dorm all by myself, listening to Escapepod and dog tired from being up until 4:30am (thanks to Alex, Mea and Kayla). I think I am going to go to bed now. Thanks for reading.

No comments: