Monday, May 12, 2008

A quandary?!?



I have come to a conclusion. I am an attractive person. I have many attractive features and abilities. I can cook. I am intelligent. I am kind and generous. I genuinely care about people. In the last few months, I have had many complete strangers tell me I am beautiful.

So the question is: why doesn't anyone ask me out? I have posed this question to many friends and family members and I have been given many different answers. Some have said maybe guys are intimidated by my beauty. (For the sake of my vanity, I do not think this so. At the risk of sounding conceited, yes, I am attractive, but I am not a drop dead gorgeous supermodel.) Some have suggested I am not around eligible bachelors enough. (This one I agree with. Anybody know how to meet single Christian men without use of the Internet or church hopping?) In high school, my best friend told me I was too selective. I am beginning to see she may have been right. (Is it a crime to know what I want?) One person even told me I was too perfect. (Huh? Me, perfect? Far from it.)

So as you can see, I have quite a quandary on my hands. I have a lot to offer, but no takers. I have decided to try to give this over to God. I know He wants me to be happy. I know He has the perfect man waiting for me somewhere. Do I know him, yet? Maybe, maybe not. Am I ready to meet him? Yes. This is a daily struggle for me. I am not getting any younger and I can feel the press of time starting to suffocate me. I pray daily for God to guide and direct my thoughts and my actions so I may be a better Christian. I pray for the man who will someday be my husband so he may be strengthened. So while I am single, I will try to enjoy it. But I can't help but look forward to my wedding day. Thanks for reading.

No comments: