Monday, February 9, 2009

Role models...

Today I have been a teacher, a student, a friend, a co-worker. I have been a chair, an octopus, an omnivore, an encourager. I have been flattered, frustrated, joyous, tired, hungry. I have been so many things today and that was before lunch!

We are complex creatures. We feel; we think; we live. Have you ever stopped to think about all the roles you play in the lives of the people around you? Let me give you an example. Take my teaching partner. Today, I have been her teaching partner, her co-worker, her friend. That's just in the last five hours.

Stop to think about the impact you may have on someone and not even know it. Not all roles are postive. You can be someone's enemy, someone's problem, someone's bully. I believe our lives are all connected. Every action we do has an affect on someone, somewhere.

Mind boggling, isn't it? Thanks for reading.

No comments: