Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Observations of a desperate mind...

Well, it looks like I will be home for Thanksgiving after all. I was just told that I need to have made other living arrangements by next weekend. I cannot afford to move into an apartment because I am only part-time. I do not know anyone who needs a roommate. The support I thought I had when I moved here has evaporated. I am going to bring it up at prayer meeting tonight, but I am not sure what will come of that. If God does not intervene, I will be heading back to Texas on the 19th or 20th.

Speaking of church, I joined a church last Sunday. I am now a member of Shadow Lawn Baptist which may be a moot point in two weeks. I love this little church and hope to be around to see it grow. The pastor is a wonderful friend and advisor. I will be very sad if I have to leave.

My job is going OK. I still don't really like it, but realize it is only temporary. I am beginning to wonder what the point of God giving me this job is.

I am still homesick. I was driving down I-65 yesterday on my way to work when I saw a cattle truck. This made me miss home even more. Isn't it funny how the most random thing can make you think of home? To all my Amarillo readers, seeing a cattle truck is not a big deal. In Alabama, they are a rare sight. In fact, that was the first one I had seen since I have been here.

As I was driving home last night, I made an observation. I have to drive 45 minutes to get home so I have plenty of time to think. Most of the way is on a little two lane highway called 45. 45 runs through rural Alabama and is very dark at night. As I was driving home last night in the dark, it occurred to me I couldn't see anything outside of the range of my headlights, even with my brights on. My life mirrors this illusion. I can only see a few feet in front of me or the part of my life God has chosen to reveal to me. I don't know what is on the fringe of my spiritual "headlights." I just have to trust God will keep revealing the road to me.

Please continue to pray for me. I am ready to go home, but in the same breathe it is the last thing I want to do. Maybe my time here was to be short-lived to teach me a lesson or two to carry back to Texas. Maybe all this is just a test of faith and God is merely allowing me to have this experience to help someone else later down the road. Whatever the case may be, I know I have followed God's voice and He will take care of me, no matter where I am two weeks from now. Thanks for reading.

No comments: