Monday, March 17, 2008

Jeans, gravity and leprechauns...

Happy St. Patrick's Day!! If you want to learn the history of this day in a fun and humorous way, check out the Veggietales DVD, Sumo of the Opera. There is a St. Paddie's Day story on it. I find it rather interesting and amusing.

A friend asked me the other day if I had a favorite pair of jeans. At that time, I did not. There is a pair I wear often, but that is because they fit and they are not too long. But that has changed. I have found my new favorite jeans. I got them on the clearance rack at Target. They are Mossimo vintage jeans. They have that I-have-worn-these-for-years look. They fit me perfectly and look good on me. So here is a picture of me in my new fav jeans.


If you are wondering, I am leaning on my dilapidated '88 Buick Riviera. It hasn't been driven in years because all the tires are flat, the transmission and the battery are shot, and the front passenger side fender is smashed. It was my first car and I loved it until my dad trashed it. It had a touchscreen and leather seats that you could flip over to velour. It was a 25th anniversary edition and had all kinds of bells and whistles. I miss that car. *sigh*

Well, enough reminiscing. I am really enjoying subbing. I just never know what will happen from day to day. I love walking down the hall and hearing children say "Hi!" as they wave at me. The downside is I am never guaranteed to have work and in the summer, they will not need me. I think I am going to sub until the summer and then begin seriously looking for something more permanent and that pays more. I really do want to move out and I can't do that as sub.

I received the Oh, Gravity! album by Switchfoot today. I have listened to it about 50 million times. There is one song in particular that I am in love with. It is called Yesterdays. It is sad, but it is a beautiful ballad about a friend who has died. I also really like the songs Amateur Lovers and Awakening. I would recommend this album to anyone.

Well, that is about all I have say today. Thanks for reading.

No comments: