Monday, March 31, 2008

Edward Cullen


I love to read. Anyone who has spent any time with me knows this. When I was in high school, it was not uncommon for me read four to six books in two weeks. But as I have grown older, my time has become more precious and I do not read as much as I would like.

But I still make time to do so. Reading, for me, is an escape. It is a way for me to forget all my problems and lose myself in a make believe world that is so real to me, even if it is only for a short time. Right now I am rereading my favorite book ever, Twilight by Stephenie Meyer. It is actually a young adult book, but I love it anyway.

It is about vampires if you are unfamiliar with it. But they are not your normal vampires, but if you want to know more you will have to read it.

As I am reading this book again, it amazes me how it parallels my own life. I know what you are thinking, "She is in love with a vampire who wants nothing more than to devour her but restrains himself because of the immense love he feels for her?" If only. I don't know any vampires, but there are some striking similarities between the book and a certain situation in my life.

One of the main characters in the book is a vampire by the name of Edward Cullen. I LOVE this character. He is like the ultimate bad boy that every girl wants, but he also is debonair and chivalrous. He is the ultimate protector and epitomizes true love, in my humble opinion. I sometimes wonder and day dream about how I might have reacted if I had come across this inhumanly beautiful man. (Can he still be called a man if he is technically not human?)

I am also very psyched about the fact they are making a movie out of the book. Most people don't like it when a book is put on the big screen, but I have this uncanny knack for keeping the book and the movie separate. Except in the case of the Series of Unfortunate Events movie. There were some major character flaws in that one, but that is another post.

That is about all I can say about Edward. Actually, it isn't but my hand hurts from typing and I am about to leave. If you want to know more about the books or the movie check out the website: www.stepheniemeyer.com. Thanks for reading.

No comments: